Beginner Contemporary begins by warming up the body through a combination of gentle movements and foundational elements of ballet technique. The second half of the class is focused on learning a short combination. Be prepared to have FUN, laugh a lot and learn something new! Suggested class attire is something breathable that you can comfortably move in, with socks or bare feet for footwear.
– FREE and open to all ages.
– No previous experience required.
– Please wear comfortable clothing.
– Washrooms are available for changing.
– Please bring your own water bottle.
Visit our website for more information and to register >> http://bit.ly/2GYR1c5
Class capacity of 40 participants. 20 spots are being reserved for drop-in participants. Latecomers will not be allowed entrance.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
MING-BO LAM is known, first and foremost, for her love of dance and ability to share that passion with all whom she encounters. Lam graduated with an Honours BFA in Theatre Performance Dance, from Ryerson University, as Valedictorian. Since graduating, she has crossed the line between classical dance genres and the commercial industry, choreographing for theatre productions (SeXT: Sex Education by Theatre; Mixie and the Halfbreeds, produced by fu-GEN Theatre Company) and independent dance projects and commissions (Soulpepper Theatre's Shen Development Series; The Garage TO; Dancestreams Youth Dance Company; Dark Dance Company). Select performance credits include the Much Music Video Awards, the Toronto Raptors’ Dance Pak, and the NBA All Star Weekend 2016. Lam teaches for Dancing with Parkinson's Canada and is certified by Dance for PD.
Currently, Lam is working with contemporary dance company SaMel Tanz for their upcoming presentation of Mind-ful(l), as part of the DanceWorks Co-Works season. You can learn more about her and her upcoming projects at: www.mingbolam.com
CLASS LOCATION AND ARRIVAL INFO
– Location: Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, 1 Front Street East (at Front & Yonge) >> https://bit.ly/2Ofs14w
– Entrance: Yonge Street Entrance >> https://bit.ly/2NaFNJq
Located along Yonge Street on the west side of the building halfway between Front St. and Esplanade. Community classes are accessible via the Yonge Street Entrance and not the main Front Street Entrance.
– Doors will open at 5:30PM
WAITLIST & DROP IN INFO
– Waitlist: If the Eventbrite Registration is full, we encourage you to join the waitlist! We will contact the waitlist with a class reminder and any updates regarding the number of available drop-in spots. If you are not contacted by Eventbrite to join the class, you are welcome to attend as a drop-in participant (first come, first served).
– Drop-ins: Regardless of being on the waitlist, anyone is welcome to arrive as a drop-in participant. We will reserve 20 spots per class for drop-ins and will allow additional drop-ins up to the capacity of the class in case there are cancellations or no-shows.