A combination of uniqueness, energy, joy, and grace is what defines modern Bollywood dance. This beginner-level class will work through technique and style while building a fun short routine!
– FREE and open to all ages.
– No previous experience required.
– Please wear comfortable clothing.
– Washrooms are available for changing.
– Please bring your own water bottle.
Visit our website for more information and to register >> http://bit.ly/2GYR1c5
Class capacity of 50 participants. 25 spots are being reserved for drop-in participants. Latecomers will not be allowed entrance.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Shereen Ladha is a professional dancer, choreographer, instructor, and social influencer based in Toronto, Canada. She is the owner and director of the popular YouTube channel 'dancewithSL' that features dance covers to latest Bollywood hits and tutorial videos, and was selected by Google as one of YouTube's Next 15 Canadian Stars on the rise. DancewithSL is also the creative force behind several YouTube viral videos including viral sensation 'Maafi' – the Bollywood cover of Justin Bieber's 'Sorry,' and the hit stage shows 'Roots: A Journey Through India' and 'Rihla' which is currently on tour.
Shereen was a finalist on the television show 'Canada's Got Talent,' has been featured in Netflix original series 'Hemlock Grove', Hollywood films such as 'The Love Guru' with Mike Meyers and Jessica Alba, 'Breakaway' and 'Dr. Cabbie,' and Bollywood film 'Thank You' with Akshay Kumar.
CLASS LOCATION AND ARRIVAL INFO
– Location: Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, 1 Front Street East (at Front & Yonge) >> https://bit.ly/2Ofs14w
– Entrance: Yonge Street Entrance >> https://bit.ly/2NaFNJq
Located along Yonge Street on the west side of the building halfway between Front St. and Esplanade. Community classes are accessible via the Yonge Street Entrance and not the main Front Street Entrance.
– Doors will open at 5:30PM
WAITLIST & DROP IN INFO
– Waitlist: If the Eventbrite Registration is full, we encourage you to join the waitlist! We will contact the waitlist with a class reminder and any updates regarding the number of available drop-in spots. If you are not contacted by Eventbrite to join the class, you are welcome to attend as a drop-in participant (first come, first served).
– Drop-ins: Regardless of being on the waitlist, anyone is welcome to arrive as a drop-in participant. We will reserve 25 spots per class for drop-ins and will allow additional drop-ins up to the capacity of the class in case there are cancellations or no-shows.